Thursday, March 7, 2013

I honked at Alex Boye

1.  Today was a big day for Ben.  He got his first official library card.  That's HUGE!  It may be minor for some people, but I can't believe I have a child with a legit Salt Lake County Library card.  Next thing I know he'll have a driver's license or a dance card.  (I remeber my first dance card.  I thought I was hot stuff.)  Growing up my family did not frequent our local library very often.  I'm sure it had something to do with crazy kids and my mom not wanting to deal with all of us in a quiet reserved place like the library.  But I remember my first library card.  I felt so important being able to check out my own books.  I got my first library card because of a third grade field trip down to the Claremont Village.  We made a stop at the library for a tour.  It was magical.  Do you remember your first library card, or your first recollection of the library?  I'd love to hear about it.  Post about it in the comments.

2.  Today I needed a Dr.Pepper.  I didn't sleep well and my neck has been sore.  Being tired and having a sore neck and shoulders is the perfect storm for a migraine.  To remedy the inevitable migraine I stopped at Arby's on the way home for a large Dr.Pepper.  As I drove up to the drive thru I realized that the car ahead of me was not even pulled up to the order menu.  This person was just sitting there, texting on his cell phone.  I waited patiently for about 2 mins.  After 3 or so cars were lining up behind me I did what any reasonable person would do.  I got out of my van, knocked on his window, and told him what's what!  Just kidding.  Actually, I gave a couple very polite taps on my horn.  After I did that he looked up and realized that he was not the only human on this planet and pulled forward to order.  When he looked up I recognized him.  It was Alex Boye.  He's kind of a famous guy here in Utah.  I had a good laugh about it while driving home.

2 comments:

Camille said...

When did Ben become an old man? And I don't really remember my first library experience sorry, but let me pick up the name I'm about to drop and say Alex and I were in the same stake when I lived in Salt Lake. Boom! I really wish you would have knocked on his window though.

rachelsaysso said...

I remember my first library card. Down at the dinky Chino library. I felt very important.

And I so wish you had lost it and pounded on his window.