Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gratitude

Sunday I was in church listening to one of the speakers.  Something stood out from what the speaker said.  He quoted Pres. Thomas S. Monson's talk from Oct 2010, "The Divine Gift of Gratitude".  In that talk Pres. Monson says, "Someone has said that “gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.""  That thought really struck me.  Does that mean if I show a little more gratitude I can cultivate other virtures?  How does one even show more gratitude?

I know this is some deep thinking.  (At least it is for me.)  I'd like to try an experiment.  I am going to start a gratitude blog.  I am going to post every other day or so, and see if I feel more grateful or more _____ (fill in the blank with a virtue).

We'll see how it goes.  I let you know what kind of progress I make.

You can visit my gratitude blog here at: www.gratitudeisthebest.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I hope I make the list!!! jk, what a great idea.

The Lambert Family said...

Good for you! What a great idea! :)