Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Once Upon a Time...

At our house our bedtime routine goes as follows: bath or face washing, brush teeth, get jammies on, read at least 1 book, get into bed, Sam tells a story, and then prayers.  One of my favorite parts of the ruitine is Sam's story telling.  Tonight was an especially funny story.  I'll try to recapture the essence for you.

Sam: Once upon a time there was a(n)__________. (he pauses for Ben to fill in the blank.)
Ben: an antelope.
Sam: Ok, an antelope.  And did the antelope have big horns or small horns?
Ben:  No, daddy.  He had medium sized horns.
Sam:  My bad, what was I thinking?  OK, so this medium horned antelope had a friend who had a garden.  The garden had a lot of weeds.  So the antelope used it's medium sized horns to dig up all the weeds. (While Sam was saying this he started demonstrating, using his fingers along side his head as horns and putting his head down to the floor.  It was epic.)  This made his friend very happy, and they were best friend forever.  The End.

Now you understand why I love Sam so much.  He's awesome.  Nuff said. 

4 comments:

Gina said...

Can Sam come over and make up a story for me?

Anonymous said...

Sam is such a super dad!!

Laura said...

Will your medium sized horned antelope come dig up my weeds?

Jacie Saltzman said...

hahah i love it. thats so funny