Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's getting cold.




The other day in the afternoon I was going stir crazy in the house, so I bundled up the boys and put them in the stroller for a walk. It was probably about 40 degrees or so outside, but I was desperate. We didn't really get too far because I felt bad about taking the boys out in such cold weather. How cold is too cold? I don't know, but since they're recovering from colds we only walked to the end of the street and back. Don't they look cute in their beanies, blankets, and jackets? Ben reminds me of the little brother from that movie "The Christmas Story".

6 comments:

Ginger said...

They look so cute. Listen...as far as taking them out in the cold...A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do...I hear you!!!

Mom Knecht

Gina said...

Amen. Toughen those boys up and get them out in the cold. They look plenty warm to me. Plus, you'll find out soon enough that 40 degrees is warm. Then, when it's 20, you'll say, "Gosh I'm glad we took those walks when it was warmer."

Amanda said...

Way too cute!!! Here in the frozen north the kids at school go out to recess unless it is 20 degrees. AND there is a children's book about Alaska and it's title is Recess at 20 below, so I think you are still a good mom at 40 degrees.

rachelsaysso said...

I wouldn't be too worried. Their heads are so large that they generate tons of heat.

Bree and Addi said...

I think you should just solve your problem by moving back to Cali because not only is it warm but I MISS YOU!

Chris said...

Yeah, he looks like the kid who couldn't put his arms down in his snowsuit... Was his name Dewey?

I think I might have to disagree with Rachel, though. I've heard that people lose most of their body heat out of their heads. So make sure they always have on their beanies or hypothermia might set in.