Friday, May 13, 2011

Less than a week to go!

Wow, I have less than one week left until my due date.  Thank goodness!  Yesterday I had my 39 week check.  I'm still dilated to 2cm and 50% effaced.  I was a little disapointed, but it's not surprising considering my previous birthing history.  Everything else was great.  Baby's heart beat sounded good, my blood pressure was great, and I still haven't gained any weight since about 4 weeks ago.  Normally I would be a little concerned about the weight thing, but my doctor assures me that my belly is measuring just right.  At my appointment my doctor asked if she could strip my membrane, and I agreed.  She said that doing that little procedure will either put me into labor within 24 hours or not.  So far I'm still pregnant. 
I am ready to get this party started.  I would love to go into labor tonight or tomorrow.  That would be great for me.  Now I just need to figure out how.  :)
My doctor and I also discussed how long she would let me go over my due date.  She says that the longest she'll let me go is 41 weeks before she would induce me.  But she was willing to induce before if I wanted.  She even suggested that if I haven't gone into labor by next Wed. that she would do it then.  I don't like the idea of being induced.  I've had the types of drugs that they administer to get things going and I don't like them.  They hurt.  But I'm really tired of being pregnant.  I wouldn't be too worried about the whole induction thing if I was already 4-5 cm dilated and 80% effaced, but I'm not and that means that being induced would probably take a long time and involve a lot of drugs.
I have another doctor's appointment next Wed., so I guess if I haven't had the baby by then I might consider being induced.  I don't know.  We'll see.  Let's just pray that I go into labor this weekend, OK?  Thanks.

2 comments:

The Lambert Family said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see this little one! :)

NatMo said...

Good luck! I hope the membrane stripping helped!!! much luv to the fam.