Monday, May 23, 2011

The Knecht Four ... and More.

Introducing the "more" of our family, Eliza Jean Knecht.  Eliza was born on Wednesday May 18th at 10:30pm. 
Tuesday night I started having regular contractions at 7:00pm.  I started practicing all of my hypnosis and decided to wait a couple of hours before going to the hospital.  Around 9:00pm we went to the hospital and found out that I was still dilated to 2 cm and only 50% effaced.  I was totally disappointed, but I knew that one way or another I would be having a baby in the next 24 hours because I was scheduled to be induced the next day.  Sam and I decided to go home and get a good night's rest and try again in the morning. 
The next morning we were called into the hospital for our induction.  We got there at 10:00am, I was still only 2cm even after having contractions all night.  They started me on pitocin around 10:30 and I started having harder contractions.  The whole time I was still practicing my hypnosis.  Unfortunately my body did not progress very quickly and at 2:00pm my doctor broke my water.  I was about 3cm+ dilated at that time.  They also increased the pitocin.  After that hypnosis meant nothing.  The contractions were so hard I could not handle the pain no matter how hard I tried.  After about 30mins of contractions I demanded an epidural.  I was given the epidural and then it was a waiting game.  Finally at about 9:00pm my body was almost completely dilated and I started pushing.  I pushed for just over an hour and was rewarded by giving birth to my beautiful baby girl at 10:30pm on the button.
She weighed 7lbs 2oz and was 20 inches long.  For the first time I was able to have skin to skin contact and breast feeding almost immediately after delivery.  Eliza has been a dream baby so far.  She's happy all the time, loves to breast feed, burps easily, sleeps well consistently, and is very cute.  I love my boys, but I never knew what it was like to have an "easy" baby until now.  She's so happy and content all the time that sometimes I forget she's here.  She rarely makes any fuss or cries.  She's incredible!
Here are some pictures from the hospital.  Enjoy!








5 comments:

Jewels said...

She's adorable! And can I add that you look fantastic! Congrats on your lovely new addition!

Thorne Family said...

Congrats!!! She's a doll!! I love the hair!! It must be great to finally to a girl!! I love the bow!!! I hope she keeps being a good baby!You did great in labor!! I know how it plan on natural and end up with drugs. But sometime the pain is just too much!! You did awesome!!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm excited that Barrett will have a cousin close to his age. You look great for just having a baby!! SO beautiful!!

Brooke Knecht said...

She is beautiful and so are you! Congrats!

t.m. said...

She is such a beautiful baby!! I'm so happy for you!!

NatMo said...

Holy COW!! What a cutie! i love that natural faux hawk! She is definitely a knecht member! I wish I could see you all in person! Glad she is a good baby!