Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wendy Brock saved my life!!!!!!

That's right Wendy I'm talking to you (you will always have a special place in my heart). You may remember a previous blog post where I vented my woes of my troubling children. Wendy posted a comment about a book called Parenting with Love and Logic. This book has revolutionized my family and has helped me and Sam establish peace in our home. We went from yelling, crying, spanking, and losing control almost daily to loving each other and looking forward to spending quality time together. Before Love and Logic I dreaded Sam leaving me home alone with the boys each day and only looked forward to my kids napping in the afternoon. Ben (2 yrs old) was constantly hitting, biting, and taking toys from his brother Tom (1 yr old). After reading this book I've learned how to help Ben learn from the choices that he makes. The thing I love about this book is it makes sense. It's not all about punishing your kids, it's about teaching them to live with their choices and consequences. I recommend that every parent read this book. This book will help give you the tools to raise pleasant responsible children.
Ok I'm done preaching. Thanks again Wendy for the great advice.

8 comments:

Christina said...

Love and Logic is great! I used that in my classroom. Did a big paper/presentation on it in college. I love the family picture too. Great picture of all you!

rachelsaysso said...

1.) Leave it to Wendy to give the best advice.

2.) Adorable picture. How can I get a copy?

3.) It almost looks like Ben is about to do the Italian flip-off. What is Sam teaching him?

Bunnym said...

Good for you! Stay the course! Love the family pic and the way Ben looks like he's gonna flash a gang sigh...hysterical. Sorry 'bout not getting together...I'm still going through some stuff. Love to all ~

Wendy said...

Well, I am totally flattered. And so glad that it worked out so well for you. Need advice about anything else? (ha ha)

Joy said...

I have heard about this book, now I really have to read it, Thanks!!! ps. cute picture of the family, you look good.

Rich and Nickie said...

Love the book...I have stopped bringing it up to people because there was a time there where I became too preachy. Did you read the toddler version...I heard there was one but I've just read the original.

Brooke Knecht said...

First of all you look super hot in that pic. and second we need to play.

Andrews Family said...

I love your family picture! Nickie told me about that book a year ago and I've been trying to read it ever since, but it's still just sitting underneath my nightstand...you've motivated me to pick it up again! We definitely need the help...I have a lot of the same feelings you listed! Thanks for sharing!