Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

I hope all of you know by now that we live in Taylorsville, Utah. It's about a 10-20 minute drive from downtown Salt Lake City. We live in a basement apartment of a 35 year old house. We like it a lot because although the appliances and bathroom are really outdated, it's really spacious. Here are a few pictures.


Here's the kitchen/laundry room/entry way. Our front door opens directly into the kitchen. The door you see on the right is to the bathroom. The doorway on the left is to the hall. You may have noticed, there in no dishwasher (I thought for sure that not having a dishwasher would really bother me, but I've been ok without it.)


This is our lovely bathroom. My sis-in-law Gina lovingly refers to it as "Hogwarts Castle" because of the ugly faux brick on the wall. I think it's more like shabby chic, emphasis on the shabby.


Next is the hall way. The door on the left is our bedroom and the door down the hall is to the boys' bedroom.



This is Sam and my bedroom. It's great because it's so large. You'll notice that our lovely red couch resides here in our bedroom because it wouldn't fit down the hall and tight turns into our living room. Oh well. It's been nice to have it in our room to rest and read on.


This is the boys room. (Don't mind the mess.) It's a good sized room. The door you see leeds to an oversized walk-in closet.


This is a view of our living room standing in the hallway. Our living room is so large that I wasn't able to get it in one shot. I love it. There's plenty of room for toys (as you can see all over the floor), TV watching and reading books. It's so nice in comparison to where we lived in Idaho. Our whole apartment in Idaho would almost completely fit into our living room here.




Here are a few more shots of the living room. Notice the wood burning stove, behind the rocker, that I keep wrapped up in cardboard so that the boys don't hurt themselves on it.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour of our place. Now that you know your way around you'll have to come and visit us. We'd love to see you.

3 comments:

Katie said...

You've convinced me -- I'll be there in a few weeks!

Mike and Lindsey said...

Such a cute place. I didn't know that you guys had moved. How fun. We are still in California waiting to find out if we're in dental school. I miss you so much and Lilly misses playing with Ben.

Jennifer said...

Looks like a nice comfy place.