Monday, February 9, 2009

We had house guests this past weekend, the terrible twos and roseola.

This past weekend has been . . . interesting. Friday while getting Tom ready for bed we noticed that he was covered in a very suspicious looking rash. The next morning the rash had spread to cover his entire torso and head. It almost looked like chicken pox so I called the doctor and spoke with the nurse. After describing all of his symptoms she said it sounded like the chicken pox. I wasn't satisfied with that diagnosis, so I started researching online and found the answer . . . roseola. Needless to say Tom was pretty crabby.

Although he doesn't really look crabby. Isn't he cute.

Ben was also pretty crabby. It seems like he always takes it up a step on the scale of crabbiness when he sees that his parents are worn out and that Tom is getting a lot of our attention. Plus the "terrible twos" are here. Unfortunately the "terrible twos" are accompanied with phrases and words such as "what the heck", "annoying", "no way", "NO!!!", "darn it", "jungle book? jungle book???? jungle book jungle book jungle book jungle book jungle book jungle book!!!!!!!!". Thank you "terrible twos" for adding such lovely phrases and words to my sons vocab.

This picture pretty much speaks for its self.

4 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

ha I so know what you're talking about when it comes to the terrible two's. I thought it was bad in the beginning.. it only gets worse.. so watch out!! Going to the store with her is a major challenge these days!! And Roseola?? How sad!! Ashlyn got that when she was about 6 months old and she was so miserable!! Hope he gets better soon.. and watch out.. chances are Ben will get it too. It spread thru the kids in our family like crazy. Good luck!!

tahitianqueen said...

poor stacy. and being stuck in the house doesn't help. you have my sympathies! miss you.

Gina said...

Can't wait to be with you and boys soon. Hee haw!

Rich and Nickie said...

I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting. Yes...welcome to the terrible two's. We are there too! Who am I kidding we are in the terrible 4's and 2's. I wish it stopped at two but then life would be too easy I guess. Mason got Roseola last year. I guess it happens to 1 in 4 children. Hope he's doing better. You are such a cute mommy with those heart pancakes. My poor kids were just abandoned that morning when Rich and I woke up and went on a bike ride to Denny's without them. At least they got some chocolate before breakfast that morning I'm sure that won them over. I just got a gym pass this week and it's lonely going without anyone. Wish you were closer too!