Sunday, April 20, 2014

Some may not agree with this post, and I'm ok with that.  The Easter bunny did not visit our house this year.  We dyed eggs yesterday and will have a small hunt with them.  I did not buy an Easter gift and tons of candy for each of my kids.  I think this holiday has gotten way out of hand.  I think the focus has shifted way off course.  
We will be watching a video about Jesus on lds.org, watching Music and the Spoken Word, and generally try to focus on the true meaning of Easter, Jesus Christ.  I'm not trying to toot my horn.  I'm hoping that others feel the same way I do and we can start a revolution.  Who's with me?

5 comments:

Christina said...

I totally agree with you Stacy!! We always do a small Easter with the eggs and bunny on Saturday. On Sunday we do an easter egg hunt that is centered around Christ. I have done it over the past 3 years so it is made and ready to go with out much fuss. It was really fun this year because Nash is able to tell the stories to me and we can add a little more depth to it. It was fun for Asa to find the little eggs and open them to see the objects of the resurrection story inside. I would love to get rid of the Saturday Easter stuff all together, and just do the Sunday. But at least we are getting a little of both with out over doing it. :)

Camille said...

High five!!! I knew I liked you

rachelsaysso said...

You're my hero and I'm with you. But don't ask me to give up my Cadbury eggs.

The Lambert Family said...

Amen to this! I think most holidays are getting out of hand. I am sick of all the over achieving pinterest moms pressuring us into doing so many holiday activities! I think Easter and Christmas especially should be more focused on Christ.

Buchanan Fam said...

We keep Easter simple. We had an egg hunt and did Easter baskets first thing. Baskets were filled with simple things that would've been bought to use this summer anyway (chalk, bubbles, etc.) Once that was out of the way, we spent the majority of the morning doing similar things as you-- music and the spoken word, reading about Easter from the scriptures, etc. This holiday can get way too crazy!