Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ben the Birthday Boy!

Today was Ben's 4th birthday.  I can't believe that 4 years have come and gone.  I know that this is so cliche, but I really do feel like he was just a baby and that he's growing up so fast.

Ben is a very special boy.  His favorite foods are cottage cheese, bread with cream cheese spread on it, any kind of cheese, any kind of plain bread/roll, apple sauce, sometimes pizza, ice cream, and cake.  He can say the Pledge of Allegiance by himself.  He can get himself dressed, make his own bed, pick up after himself, and sweep the kitchen floor.  He loves to read books and have books read to him.  He loves watching Scooby Doo movies.  He goes to preschool twice a week and loves learning new things.  He has a very good memory and knows a lot of songs by heart.  He enjoys riding his bike and playing "monster" and "chase" with his friends.  He loves animals and dinosaurs, and knows a lot about different species.  He loves to help mom or dad cook and bake things.  He's mentioned that he would like to be a chef.

He made me a mother.  He makes we want to be better all the time.  I love my Ben Boy and I couldn't imagine life without him.

Here's some pictures from his birthday party today.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the recorder.  Don't be surprised if that ends up in Grandpa's suitcase after he stays with us next month.  :)
Tom was excited to get some bubbles of his own from Chris and Gina.

Sam and I made this cake by following some directions we found online.  Unfortunately the trunk started to break off by the time we were ready to eat it.


Tom actually blew out the candle the first time.  I had to re-light it so Ben could have a turn.


Thanks to everyone for the gifts.  Ben was so excited to open all of them.  It was such a nice birthday.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. You never know, Ben may be a great musician and it will have all started with that recorder. Your welcome! Let him play it 30 minutes a day like taking lessons and then put it away. His start to greatness!!! I love you Ben. Grandma Knecht

Kylie said...

Looks like fun! And the cake turned out great! I bet he loved it. ;)

Brooke Knecht said...

Happy Birthday Ben! We need to play! Now that it's warming up we should meet up at Thanksgiving Points petting zoo?

Stacy said...

Brooke, I love that idea!

Thorne Family said...

I can't believe he is getting so big! I think your cake turned out really good!!!