Friday, May 22, 2009

This is the Place Monument...now known as the Zoo.

Today I wanted to get out of the house and take the boys somewhere fun, so naturally I thought of the zoo. I was out of the house by about 10:00am, which is a miracle in itself. Then when I got off the freeway I realized that I really didn't even know how to get there. That where Camille comes in. She was the hero, or shero if you prefer, of the morning. I called her and she navigated us to the beautiful Hogle Zoo in a heart beat, and she wasn't even in the car. Unfortunately when we got to the zoo at 10:30am it was already soooo packed that we couldn't even find a parking spot. I hate huge crowds, and I especially hate huge crowds when I'm alone with the boys. It's just a hassle, I don't think I need to explain my reasoning.

By this time Ben was asking to see the giraffes and elephants, so what did I do, I drove back down the street to the This is the Place Monument, told Ben that the elephants and giraffes were napping and took him to see the lovely petting zoo that they have there. It worked like a charm, I was still the super-mom of the day. Plus we were able to ride the train that they have roaming around in the park. It was great.
Sorry I didn't get any pictures. It's hard to take pictures when your hands are full of kids.

4 comments:

Camille said...

um...YOU'RE WELCOME!!! haha And i'm a little sad that there are no pictures. I will just imagine now. Glad you had fun. Hope the giraffes and elephants wake up soon.

rachelsaysso said...

You're a pretty awesome mom. I too will imagine pictures. The one I'm thinking of has the boys holding up a sign that says, "Aunt Rachel is the BOMB DOT COM!"

Thorne Family said...

sounds like you had a great day!

Gina said...

Camille...a real American shero!